Monday, September 10, 2012





September 7, 2012

"The real Christian is a royal fighter. He is the one who loves to enter into the contest with his whole soul and take the situation captive for the Lord Jesus Christ"
Today was an exceptional day with time spent outside. We had went to dim sum at King Palace with my brother and his girlfriend. I love dim sum and good company is always a plus. I have learned in my time of health challenges the restorative power of being outside the house, eating good food, and having company. This afternoon, I had pot stickers and tea at Blue Moon Cafe with a local pastor of a missional community. He is the first I know to pastor an organic church. I hope to find out more about this. He is an answer to pray against the structure and stiffness of the rigid traditional church model. As I am learning in this book, the church should be Spirit-led and Christ-centered. The modern church has appeared more like an organization rather than an organism. The purpose of the organic church is community and mission being rooted and growing in Christ. I felt energized in my time with this man of God. I like to follow the lead of the Spirit, not follow the rigidity of how things have always been. Today, overall, has been an encouraging .
"For too long the Church has played defense in the battle for souls. We hear of what some cult or political party is planning to do. and we react by creating strategies to counter the enemies' plans. Committees are formed, boards discuss, and pastors preach against whatever it is the devil is doing or about to do. This may come as a surprise, but I don't care what the devil plans to do. The Great Commission puts me on the offensive. I've got the ball. And it I carry the ball effectively; his plans won't matter.
Picture a football team in a huddle on the playing field. The coach sends in the play, and the quarterback communicates with his offensive teammates. On the sidelines is the opposing team's offense. Their quarterback lines up out-of- bounds with his offensive team, but they don't have the game ball, nor are they on the actual playing field. Now imagine the real offense getting distracted by the intimidating actions of the other offense. Caught up in their antics, the quarterback runs off the field in a panic, informing the coach that they better put the defense on the field because the other team is about to use a surprise play. As foolish as that may sound, it is the condition of much of the Church in this hour. Satan reveals his plans to put us on the defensive. The devil roars, and we act as if we got bit. Let's stop this foolishness and quit praising the devil with endless discussions of ivhat's wrong in the world because of him. We- have the ball. The alumni from the ages past watch with excitement as the tivo-miiiute offense has been put on the field. The superior potential of this generation has nothing to  do  with  our goodness, but  it  does  have  everything to  do  with  the Master's plan of placing us at this point m history. We are to be the devil's \Vor nightmare."
I think I am part of the crowd who gives the devil more authority than he actually has. We are suppose to be the devil's worst nightmare and yet for me he often appears to be my worst nightmare. We stand in victory but my life does not demonstrate that greater is God than the devil. I see the presence of violence and illness in the world and how even now my wrist is feeling pain as I write and how to this day I am not healed of my health condition and it seems like the power of the evil one is far greater than God. My lack of healing demonstrates a God who either cannot or has chosen not to heal.


"Spiritual warfare is unavoidable, and ignoring this subject won't make it go away. Therefore, we must learn to battle with supernatural authority! The following principles are often overlooked insights:
1. "Then it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, "Lest perhaps the people change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt." 3
God is mindful of what we can handle in our present state. He leads us away from any war that might cause us to turn and abandon our call. The implication is He leads us only into a battle we are prepared to win.
The safest place in this war is obedience. In the center of His will, we face only the situations we are equipped to win. Outside of the center is where many Christians fall, facing undue pressures that are self-inflicted. His will is the only sate place to be.
2. "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.""'
God is in no way intimidated by the devil's antics. In tact, God wants fellowship with us right before the devil's eyes. Intimacy with God is our strong suit. Never allow   anything to distract you from tins point of strength. Many come too "warfare intense" tor their own good. Such intensity often involves Tsolays of human strength—not grace. Choosing this warfare intense mentality auses us to depart from joy and intimacy with God. It's an indication that we have strayed from our first love/ Paul's intimacy with God enabled him to say
from a demon infested Roman prison, "Rejoice always; again I say, rejoice!"
3."...in no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation tor you, and that too, from God."
When we refuse fear, the enemy becomes terrified. A confident heart is a sure sign of his ultimate destruction and our present victory! Do not fear— ever. Return to the promises of God, spend time with people of faith, and encourage one another with the testimonies of the Lord. Praise God for who He is until fear no longer knocks at the door. This is not an option, for fear actually invites the enemy to come to kill, steal, and destroy.
4. "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.""
 Submission is the key to personal triumph. Our main battle in spiritual warfare is not against the devil. It is against the flesh. Coming into subjection puts the resources of heaven at our disposal for enduring victory—enforcing what has already been obtained at Calvary.
5."... and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" [the Church]/
1 was not left on planet earth to be in hiding waiting for Jesus' return. I am here as a military representative of heaven.The Church is on the attack.That's why the gates of hell, the place of demonic government and strength, WILL NOT PREVAIL against the Church.
6. "He increased His people greatly, and made them stronger than their enemies. He turned their heart to hate His people, to deal craftily with His servants.""
First God makes us strong, and then He stirs up the devil's hatred towards us. Why? It's not because He wants to create problems for His Church. It's because He likes to see the devil defeated by those who are made in His image, who have a relationship of love with  Him by chocce. We are  I lis delegated authority.
It is His delight to have us enforce the triumph of Jesus." Lo exeClu on them the written judgment—this honor have all His saints." '
7. "...let the inhabitants of Sela sing aloud. He will arouse His zeal like a man of war. He will shout, yes, He will raise a war cry. He will prevail against His enemies."1"
Our ministry to God is one of life's most important privileges. Praise honors God. But it also edifies us and destroys the powers of hell!
It's amazing to think that I can praise Him, have His peace fill my soul, and have Hint say that I am a mighty man of valor. All I did was worship Him. He destroyed the powers of hell on my behalf and gave me the 'points' for the victory.
This is by no means a complete list. It's just enough to turn our perspective of spiritual warfare frona one that is religious and carnal, to one that has a Kingdom mindset. Repent, change your way of thinking, and you'll be able to see how 'at hand' His Kingdom really is."
The list here is very quickly explained, but I like the different approaches outlined here. I really like the first principle. God will not lead us into battles that we cannot make it through. While I was in New York, I really did not think I could make it there. It was hard emotionally, spiritually, and even physically as it was super cold and that is where I first develop my health condition. But God got me through not only the program but through two harsh winters. Right now, my health condition continues, but I suppose knowing this means that God knows that this is one difficulty that is possible to make it through even though right now I feel discouraged and tired. Two and three are related to me. I am usually feeling fear about my situation which robs me of intimacy with God. It should be the other way around. Intimacy with God should lead me to confidence in my difficulties. I like five and seven that speak about how the gates of hell will not win and that God will prevail. What I love about this book is that it encourages the reader that God is all powerful. My life doesn't reflect that. What I see in the world does not reflect that.
"We were born in a war. There are no time outs, no vacations, no leaves of absence. The safest place is in the center of God's wall, which is the place of deep intimacy. There He allows only the battles to come our way that we are equipped to wan.
Not only is this the safest place, it is the most joyful place for each believer. Outside of intinaacy, we are likely to miss the greatest event on earth."
Prayer:
Father, I confess that I approach life from a position of fear. I suppose it is because I feel weak right now and tired throughout the day. I am lacking purpose and direction right now and have health challenges. I don't have the confidence in You but instead constant fear that life is a constant struggle and I always lose. I want so much to believe in Your sovereign power and care but the very presence of my problems seem to negate the fact of Your goodness. I give the devil more power than he really has. I think often that the devil has power and authority over the universe and that You are noticably absent from the hardships of human lives. Father, please give me the spiritual vision to know that You exercise Your sovereign care over Your people. Help me to experience Your healing presence and power and to face spiritual warfare with victory and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment